Folder generation problem in group a.b.misc

If you found a bug, please report it here.
Forum rules
When reporting a bug, please be as specific as possible.

To access the logfile in Finder:

If the programs crashed, please attach or email us the crash report AND logfile.

In Finder press SHIFT-CMD-G (or in menu Go->Go to Folder)
Then in the textfield enter "~/Library/Application Support/Usenetic" (including the tilde ~)
There you'll find the logfile called: Usenetic.log

Other issues:

You can always attach an image/screenshot with the problem for better understanding.
jculp

Folder generation problem in group a.b.misc

Post by jculp » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:25 am

Unique file folder does not create in "a.b.misc" folder in finder.
Download file just are saved as individual files and not grouped in folders as specified in preferences.
This is unique to this group only as all other groups behave as expected.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 2.21.23 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 2.21.23 AM.jpg (325.51 KiB) Viewed 27153 times

Support

Re: Folder generation problem in group a.b.misc

Post by Support » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:44 am

Hi,

I just download the file in your screenshot (41bb96fa9d6d9f55253d21eb27) and was perfectly placed into the subfolder a.b.misc. I suspect there was a corrupt par file at your end, but I am not sure. Do you have a problem with just one download from a.b.misc or all downloads from this group?

Concerning your other bug report here, do you remember what download was having merge issues? The ones I tried were merged without any problems, but there are so many out there.

Thanks.
If you like Usenetic, please give it 5 stars at MacUpdate: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/59624/usenetic

jculp

Post by jculp » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:40 pm

Regarding a.b.misc group, I generally download from a.b.boneless or a.b.bloaf, not a.b.misc. directly. The program selects which group to use from the list of posted groups. Perhaps this is the difference in results.

I will test it further with downloading from several group sources as well as even nzb files and let you know what happens.

As to the other 2nd issue of concat files not auto assembling it holds true still.
Perhaps it is on my end as I have several apps to assemble parts with (Split&Concat, MacParDeluxe, Unarchiver, UnRarX5, Stuffit, Keka, 7zX, etc) and it is possible that one of their preference commands are overriding Usenetics ability to assemble the file properly.
Or the Finder's "Get Info" window of "Open with..." selection is overriding.

I will check these out as well to see if this may be the case and let you know.

Thanks

Support

Post by Support » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:51 pm

Most files are crossposted in several newsgroups.
Usenetic is using the first newsgroup in alphabetic order for the destination folder.

About the merging files issue, please let me know one of the files names that are failing.
Then I'll do a MegaSearch for the files set and see what goes wrong.

Looking forward to your reply.
If you like Usenetic, please give it 5 stars at MacUpdate: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/59624/usenetic