Continuous updating of Queue status so crashes don't screw up download history.

If you found a bug, please report it here.
Forum rules
When reporting a bug, please be as specific as possible.

To access the logfile in Finder:

If the programs crashed, please attach or email us the crash report AND logfile.

In Finder press SHIFT-CMD-G (or in menu Go->Go to Folder)
Then in the textfield enter "~/Library/Application Support/Usenetic" (including the tilde ~)
There you'll find the logfile called: Usenetic.log

Other issues:

You can always attach an image/screenshot with the problem for better understanding.
jculp

Re: Continuous updating of Queue status so crashes don't screw up download history.

Post by jculp » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:14 pm

Here is screenshot
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.20.29 AM (2).png
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.20.29 AM (2).png (420.19 KiB) Viewed 43320 times

Support

Re: Continuous updating of Queue status so crashes don't screw up download history.

Post by Support » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:06 pm

Thanks, and please also try to quit all other programs that are running in the background.
Especially, but not limited to programs that are observing/monitoring the system.

I can't think of anything else than a program that handles as middle man between Usenetic and the system, that is causing this behaviour. I tried everything you said on an (older) Mac and Macbook Pro, but the issues you mentioned never occur. Not even when queuing and removing/shifting thousands of entries.

I also spend a day walking through the source code, searching for parts that might causing this, but nothing seems wrong.

And there hasn't been any such issues reported by any other clients so I am almost sure that the problem is just related to your system and again most likely by some other program that is interfering the processes.
If you like Usenetic, please give it 5 stars at MacUpdate: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/59624/usenetic

jculp

Post by jculp » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:14 am

Then I'll Try to eliminate all outside programs and see what happens.

Thanks for the efforts.

Support

Post by Support » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:05 am

Please let me know the results.

Thanks.
If you like Usenetic, please give it 5 stars at MacUpdate: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/59624/usenetic

jculp

Post by jculp » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:58 am

I have removed all parts of Usenetic app with CleanMyMac and reinstalled a fresh version of latest Download from the site.
Eureka!
Have had no problems since!

Evidently, the previous version had developed something that was corrupted and was the root of the problems.
Possibly developed over time from constant repeated force quits and subsequent plist and/or app code corruption.

As a future diagnostic process, it may be wise to recommend deleting the problematic old version of all parts of app with a program like CleanMyMac and fresh install the latest version; then see if the problems recur or not.

Thanks for the help and the final word that no one else was having problems (which made me decide to try reinstalling app)

Support

Post by Support » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:04 am

I am glad you found the problem.

Thanks for the message.

Regards.

jculp

Post by jculp » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:15 pm

I'm happy that it resolved the problems I was having.

The app is behaving very well and has not shown any instability for two days straight.

Truly, your support went above and beyond what I have seen other app developer provide and you are to be commended.

Again, I thank you for your help.

Best regards
John

jculp

Post by jculp » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:32 pm

UPDATE of Status.

Rock Solid performance and no crashes, hangs or problems at all.
Have been using It continuously for 6 days nonstop.
Downloaded over 2.9 TB since 10/16 with no issues at all.

Definitely the best solution was to uninstall corrupted version and start clean with fresh install.

Can Highly recommend to everyone now.

John

Support

Post by Support » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:00 pm

That is absolutely great to hear.
And thank you very much for the update.

Cheers :D