Music player ...

Missing a feature in Usenetic? This is the place to let us know.
gnyffe

Music player ...

Post by gnyffe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:44 am

Just stumbled over Usenetic and thought taht I would give it a try.
In U****n I could play the music so I could decide if I would download it. That option is missing.
Selecting the newsgroups is too complicated, it could be smarter. A list where I could set a checkmark.

Like the GUI.

Support

Re: Music player ...

Post by Support » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:32 am

You mean downloading the first few bytes of a music file and listen to that part?
I am not sure what is possible at this point, but I'll put it on the todo list.

About selecting the newsgroups. You can click the 'newsgroups list' button and select the newsgroups you want. Optionally you can filter the newsgroups on keywords.

If you know a part of the newsgroup name you don't even have to use the newsgroup-list button. Entering a part of the newsgroup name directly in the textfield is enough.

The previously searched newsgroups can be selected from the search-history panel at the left or from the pulldown menu.

So plenty of options to easily search/browse the newsgroups.

Why is selecting checkboxes from a huge list easier?
If you like Usenetic, please give it 5 stars at MacUpdate: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/59624/usenetic

gnyffe

Post by gnyffe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:30 am

You mean downloading the first few bytes of a music file and listen to that part?

Not only the first few bytes, but the whole song.

Support

Post by Support » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:34 am

If you already have downloaded the whole song than what do you mean with "..so I could decide if I would download it"?

In Usenetic you can double-click on a song and it starts playing automatically after it has been downloaded.
If the song is inside a fileset then you can expand the fileset (clicking the triangle) and double-click/download/play individual files from the set.
If you like Usenetic, please give it 5 stars at MacUpdate: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/59624/usenetic

gnyffe

Post by gnyffe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:50 pm

Yes, but it gets imported in iTunes !!!

Support

Post by Support » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:00 pm

Because you have set itunes as your default player for music files.
In finder you can change the default player.

edge569

Post by edge569 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:02 am

If you click on the music file in the finder and then up top (or command I) under FILE, drag down to "GET INFO", the info window will have the option to change the default program for opening that file to something else, and the option to change ALL files with that extension to some other program. once you have done that you will have to manually add those files to iTunes by going in iTunes to FILE and drag down to ADD TO LIBRARY. Hope that helps.

edge569

Post by edge569 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:11 am

One more thing..... In iTunes-->PREFRENCES-->ADVANCED--> uncheck copy files to media folder. Maybe thats what you mean????