View player for info/txt and jags/png and AV would be a sweet addition

Missing a feature in Usenetic? This is the place to let us know.
jculp

View player for info/txt and jags/png and AV would be a sweet addition

Post by jculp » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:30 am

View player for info/txt and jpegs/png and A/V would be a sweet addition.

Support

Re: View player for info/txt and jags/png and AV would be a sweet addition

Post by Support » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:00 am

Hi,

An internal text viewer is coming real soon and a internal picture viewer is scheduled for some later release.

Note that when you double click on an article that contains a picture (in MegaSearch), the picture will be automatically shown when it is downloaded. In this case Usenetic use the picture viewer that is associated with the picture (most likely apple's Preview.app).
If you like Usenetic, please give it 5 stars at MacUpdate: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/59624/usenetic

jculp

Post by jculp » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:45 am

Good to know about double click method in MegaSearch. Thanks.

dna

Post by dna » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:25 pm

If this had a thumbnail mode, I would never use anything else again. Being able to see previews of photos or video, instead of downloading whole groups is probably the most important feature for me personally. Overall, I am in awe of the simplicity and sheer speed of this.

Support

Post by Support » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:35 pm

dna wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:25 pm
If this had a thumbnail mode, I would never use anything else again. Being able to see previews of photos or video, instead of downloading whole groups is probably the most important feature for me personally. Overall, I am in awe of the simplicity and sheer speed of this.
Unfortunately that is not possible. This feature requires us to download all usenet content for the last 10 years which is over 25 petabytes of data. That would take years to download.

But thanks for your input.
If you like Usenetic, please give it 5 stars at MacUpdate: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/59624/usenetic