Cleanup DELETES FILES

If you found a bug, please report it here.
Forum rules
When reporting a bug, please be as specific as possible.

To access the logfile in Finder:

If the programs crashed, please attach or email us the crash report AND logfile.

In Finder press SHIFT-CMD-G (or in menu Go->Go to Folder)
Then in the textfield enter "~/Library/Application Support/Usenetic" (including the tilde ~)
There you'll find the logfile called: Usenetic.log

Other issues:

You can always attach an image/screenshot with the problem for better understanding.
FreePuppy

Cleanup DELETES FILES

Post by FreePuppy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:59 pm

One day all items on desktop vanished and no idea what happened to them.
Today, on an abandoned download in the QUEUE I decided to select (I'm trying to recall exactly as I'm never going there again) the option CLEAN UP AND REMOVE ALL RELATED FILES. As soon as that happened the few items on desktop accumulated from the last strange disappearance were wiped and vanished before my very eyes! The folder selected for downloads lies elsewhere on the hard drive and remain intact. I can only assume I had the abandoned download referenced to the desktop and the earlier disappearance of files from desktop can be attributed to an earlier CLEAN UP AND REMOVE ALL RELATED FILES though I can't recall doing it. (Sometimes you do something in passing and don't remember since it's of minor magnitude out of many things done during the day.) So beware of the CLEAN UP.... thinggy. It stung me and I got to watch it happed.

Support

Re: Cleanup DELETES FILES

Post by Support » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Although you are working with a beta version that most likely isn't perfect yet, this may not happen.
I've made a high priority issue for this.

In the meantime, make sure to download into a separate folder instead of a system folder.
This way it can't go wrong with your other files.

BTW. What is the Usenetic version that you are using? Is it the latest beta?

Thanks.
If you like Usenetic, please give it 5 stars at MacUpdate: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/59624/usenetic

Support

Post by Support » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:25 am

I can confirm that the new release, v0.93 (build 1329) prevents such thing to happen.
v0.93 will be released within two weeks.

Until that time make sure to download into a separate folder instead of a system folder.
This way it can't go wrong with your other files.
If you like Usenetic, please give it 5 stars at MacUpdate: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/59624/usenetic

Support

Post by Support » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:43 am

FYI, v0.93 has been released today.